Monday, December 10, 2007

Fear and Loathing Music

I just thought I should submit some thoughts I've been having concerning the sincerity of music.

I've been thinking about something lately. There really hasn't been another arising in the music industry lately. I'd hardly count Radiohead's non-label album release as one, being that they signed to a label recently. However, I mean in the sense of something turning music on it's side. Maybe not something as hard or intense as "Punk" or "Grundge"...but something sincere, and classic. Much like Bob Dylan and The Beatles were to the 60's. Many people won't remember this era of the early 00's as very bright time for music, except for those of us listening to the "good stuff". I will most definitely remember bands like Wilco and songwriters like Ryan Adams. I just have really large hopes that the 10's will be a great era for music. And, I most definitely hope that Grasshopper is on the front lines. And I can say with 100% satisfaction that we most definitely are sincere, and are all about presenting a body of work that is valid, interesting and most-importantly: good. So, to those of you reading and listening to us: we definitely have more in store. And we have very good feelings about "Tuscarora".

Happy Holidays,

Matt

No comments: